Spaces in the Technology Childcare Centers (TCC) on the MIT Cambridge campus—David H. Koch, Eastgate, and Stata—are in high demand. We therefore encourage you to submit an application for your child well in advance of your need—in fact, as soon as you know that you are expecting a baby.
If you are living in the northwest suburbs, consider applying to our Lincoln Laboratory Childcare Center in Lexington (TCC Linc). The waiting list is shorter at TCC Linc, and you might find the location convenient. It is also the only center that accepts applications from families not affiliated with MIT*.
- Make sure that you are eligible.
- Complete and submit the online application.
- Mail your $50 nonrefundable application fee ($100 if you are not an MIT affiliate*) to the address below. Your application will be placed on our waiting list upon receipt of your application fee. Please make your check or money order payable to “Bright Horizons.”
- Note that when applying to TCC, you may also add up to two Bright Horizons (non-MIT) childcare centers to your application at no additional cost. As part of MIT's relationship with Bright Horizons, MIT families will also receive enrollment priority at any Bright Horizons childcare center in Cambridge or Lexington.
If a center on the MIT Cambridge campus is your first choice, mail your application fee to:
Technology Childcare Centers
32 Vassar Street, Room 100
Cambridge, MA 02139-4309
If the center at TCC Lincoln Laboratory is your first choice, mail your application fee to:
Technology Childcare Center at Lincoln Laboratory
5 Forbes Road
Lexington, MA 02421
Important to remember
- Submitting an application does not guarantee admission to a TCC center. Review our enrollment policies for information about priority enrollment and the waiting list.
- After we receive your application fee, we will place you on the TCC waiting list. When space is available, we will contact you immediately and set up an appointment with you to visit the center.
- If you obtain childcare elsewhere and do not wish to remain on the TCC waiting list, please let us know about your change in plans. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed from the waiting list for centers on the MIT Cambridge campus. Send an email to email@example.com if you wish to be removed from the waiting list for TCC at Lincoln Laboratory.
- Note that the age ranges for classrooms are as follows: Infant is 8 weeks to 14 months, Toddler is 15 months to 2.8 years, and Preschool is 2.9 years to kindergarten entry.
*What is an “MIT affiliate?”
An active MIT affiliate is a current employee, post doc, student in an undergraduate or graduate degree program, or a visiting engineer, scholar, or scientist.