Spaces in the Technology Childcare Centers (TCC) on the MIT Cambridge campus—David H. Koch, Kendall, and Stata—are in high demand. We therefore encourage you to submit an application for your child well in advance of your need—in fact, as soon as you know that you are expecting a baby.
If you are living in the northwest suburbs, consider applying to our Lincoln Laboratory Childcare Center in Lexington (TCC Linc).
- Make sure that you are eligible.
- Complete and submit the online application.
- Once your online application has been reviewed, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to create a Family Information Center account where you can pay the $50 application fee. Please note: you must choose Stata Technology Childcare Center as your first choice to register for all TCC centers on campus, or if you are living in the northwest suburbs, Lincoln Laboratory Childcare Center. You may pay the application fee by credit card or with a U.S. bank account (ACH). If you need to send a wire transfer, please reply to the confirmation email with this request.
- Note that when applying to TCC, you may also add up to two Bright Horizons (non-MIT) childcare centers to your application at no additional cost. As part of MIT's relationship with Bright Horizons, MIT families will also receive enrollment priority at any Bright Horizons childcare center in Cambridge or Lexington.
- Once you have set up your Family Information Center account and have paid the application fee, please send conmfirmation to Stephanie Blakeman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important to remember
- Submitting an application does not guarantee admission to a TCC center. Review our enrollment policies for information about priority enrollment and the waiting list.
- After we receive your application fee, we will place you on the TCC waiting list. When space is available, we will contact you immediately and set up an appointment with you to visit the center.
- If you obtain childcare elsewhere and do not wish to remain on the TCC waiting list, please let us know about your change in plans. Email us at email@example.com to be removed from the waiting list for centers on the MIT Cambridge campus or for TCC at Lincoln Laboratory.
- Note that the age ranges for classrooms are as follows: Infant is 8 weeks to 14 months, Toddler is 15 months to 2.8 years, and Preschool is 2.9 years to kindergarten entry.
*What is an “MIT affiliate?”
An active MIT affiliate is a current employee, post doc, student in an undergraduate or graduate degree program, or a visiting engineer, scholar, or scientist.